Vietnam evisa is the latest type of applying visa to Vietnam. It is also the most convenient process to get a visa for travelling to Vietnam to date.
Note: If you have passport of the following countries, you might not need any visa. Vietnam has granted free entry for citizens of the following countries.
- 90 days of staying: Chile and Panama
- 30 days of staying: Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Laos, Kyrgystan
- 21 days of staying: Philippines
- 45 days of staying: Russia, Japan, South Korea, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Spain, Italia, Belarus.
- 14 days of staying: Brunei, and Myanmar
ABOUT VIETNAM EVISA
What is Vietnam evisa?
Vietnam evisa is a new way of applying visa to Vietnam for any foreigners. This is to allow foreigners to enter Vietnam and travel around. This type of visa is just valid from beginning of 2017 and has shown its great advantages. The applicants just stay at home with laptop or mobile devices and process the visa to Vietnam with ease.
Notes about Vietnam evisa
- Any Vietnam e-visa requested after 15 Aug 2023 is valid 90 days with single or multiple entries.
- You only get an e-visa if your passport is not expired within the following 6 months.
- You only can apply this visa type if you are not insides Vietnam yet.
- The visa you receive is a PDF copy and you need to print it out.
- You can pay by credit card. However, in case the visa granting to you is rejected, there is no refundanyway.
- The purpose of travelling to Vietnam by evisa can be tourism, business, visiting friends and relatives, investment, study or others.
- Children with their names in their parent passports should be also included in the evisa
- Time to process to get an e-visa is around 3 days.
HOW VIETNAM EVISA LOOKS LIKE.
Have a look at the picture below and you can see what you get if applying Vietnam e-visa. It is just a PDF copy and you need to print it out and get it folded insides your passport.
WHO CAN HELP TO MAKE EVISA FOR YOU?
- The first is that you yourself can do that on your own.
- Second is that visa agencies, organizations or travel companies can help.
Either way is OK for this visa processing. And we recommend doing it on your own. It is rather simple. Just follow steps at below instruction you can do that with ease.
THE GREAT ADVANTAGES OF VIETNAM EVISA
At the moment we have three types of Vietnam visa processing for entering Vietnam: (1) visa processing at the Vietnamese Embassy or Vietnamese Consulate at your city, (2) Vietnam visa on arrival and (3) Vietnam evisa. The first one is the most expensive and with most risky. However, if you contact some embassy or consulate, they still recommend you do this. This is just because it’s a source of their income. You can understand more the convenience of visa on arrival and disadvantages of visa processing at the embassies and consulates by reading the introduction of Vietnam visa on arrival.
Some of the advantages of Vietnam evisa as compared to other ways of visa processing are:
No queuing as arrival
You don’t have to queue in a line for getting a visa when you do the Vietnam visa on arrival. The queuing at the airport is around 30 – 60 minutes. This is sometimes not comfortable after a long-haul flight from Europe or America.
Save cost and time
You can do it on your own anywhere internet is available. And you don’t cost more money for a visa service company. All you have to pay is the governmental cost which is USD 25 per person for the option of single entry or USD 50 for the multiple entries. You also pay by credit card then you don’t have to prepare cashes like other methods.
Avoid the big issue of VOA on landport
If you have already a visa processed at the embassy, it’s great. However, it takes most time and money as you know. In case you use visa on arrival, it’s good only at the flight arrival. The hook is that the printing out copy of the approval letter is only accepted at airports. For the trips arriving by seaport or land port, those should need original copy of the approval letter. And it is not convenient at all. So, Vietnam evisa seems solves this problem radically.
Some tiny disadvantages
The disadvantages of this way are (1) you don’t get refund if your visa is not granted and (2) your visa looks uglier than the other ways. The visa now is just a separate paper that you need to print out from a PDF file. It will be not a yellow sticker attached to your passport. In case you are a visa collector, you might think of avoiding this way of visa processing.
WHO CAN APPLY VIETNAM EVISA?
If you are in the list of visa exemption to Vietnam and you trip is less than 15 days, or less than the amount we noted at the beginning of this post, just don’t apply any. You can check whether you are in the list of visa exemption by the top part of this article or by seeing our information in the post of Vietnam visa on arrival.
At the first time of writing this post, we have seen a list of 46 countries. Citizens from these countries can apply to get Vietnam e-visa. However, since 15 August 2023 all the people from all nationalities in the globe can apply e-visa. The following list is only an update before 15 August 2023.
|Azerbaijan||Czech Republic||Luxembourg||Marshall Islands|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||Timor Leste||Nauru||Switzerland|
|Brunei Darussalam||Georgia||New Zealand||Hongkong|
|Canada||Greece||Papua New Guinea||Netherlands|
WHAT KIND OF PORTS YOU CAN ENTRY VIETNAM WITH THIS VISA?
You can enter Vietnam with e-visa via International airports, land ports and sea ports. Please have a look at the following ports that allowed foreigners enter and exit Vietnam by Vietnam e-visa.
- Cat Bi International Airport (Hai Phong, East of Hanoi)
- Cam Ranh International Airport (Khanh Hoa province, 35km North of Nha Trang beach city)
- Can Tho International Airport (Can Tho is the biggest city in Mekong Delta Vietnam)
- Da Nang International Airport (Danang is the biggest city in central Vietnam, just 30km from Hoian Anceint Town)
- Dong Hoi International Airport (Quang Binh province, near Son Doong cave)
- Lien Khuong International Airport (Lam Dong province, Dalat City, highland Vietnam)
- Noi Bai International Airport (Ha Noi)
- Phu Bai International Airport ( Hue city, the Imperial city Vietnam)
- Phu Cat International Airport (Binh Dinh province, just North of Nha Trang)
- Phu Quoc International Airport (an island on the West of Mekong Delta Vietnam)
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City, or Saigon as the old name)
- Tho Xuan International Airport (Thanh Hoa province)
- Van Don International Airport (Quang Ninh province, near Halong Bay)
- Bo Y Landport
- Cha Lo Landport
- Cau Treo Landport
- Huu Nghi Landport
- Ha Tien Landport
- La Lay Landport
- Lao Bao Landport
- Lao Cai Landport
- Moc Bai Landport
- Mong Cai Landport
- Na Meo Landport
- Nam Can Landport
- Song Tien Landport
- Tay Trang Landport
- Tinh Bien Landport
- Xa Mat Landport
- Vinh Xuong River port
- Cam Pha Seaport
- Chan May Seaport
- Da Nang Seaport
- Dung Quoc Seaport
- Duong Dong Seaport
- Hon Gai Seaport
- Hai Phong Seaport
- Nha Trang Seaport
- Nghi Son Seaport
- Quy Nhon Seaport
- Ho Chi Minh City Seaport
- Vung Tau Seaport
HOW TO APPLY VIETNAM EVISA
Step 1: Access the governmental website
Click here to the website of Vietnam Immigration department
Once there, tick at the “confirmation of reading carefully instruction and having completed application”. Then, press “next”.
Step 2: Filling the needed information
- Please upload the files of the passport photo and first page of passport. You can prepare this before. It is fine to take passport photo by your phone and crop it. However, remember not to smile or laugh in the passport photo. Also, the passport photo is recommended to have white background, visible two ears. Fill other needed information too.
- Always fill the first of arrival in your plan as the first day for the visa. In case the trip is shorter than 30 days, always make 30 days in your visa request.
- For the Intended temporary residential address in Viet Nam, you need to fill the name and address of your first hotel in Vietnam.
- It is compulsory to declare the name of the ports of arrival. In case you made your visa already and your new flight tickets request to arrive Vietnam at a different airport, just make another evisa. However, it is not a problem if you depart Vietnam at a different port.
Step 3: Payment
You can pay by credit card.
Step 3 plus: in case you don’t receive the result at the right time
You can access here to check the situation of the visa.
Step 4: Receive and check
This is not really a step that you can skip. Some of our travelers have been busy and forget the checking process and could not enter Vietnam with the wrong e-visa. So, what should you focus on?
When the e-visa has been return to you, please check in that visa
- your full name spelling,
- your date of birth
- your passport numbers
- the day your visa is valid (should be the same day or before your entry day)
There were occasions our travelers type the wrong information at application process. And there are also cases the visa issuing offer was wrong in typing. There have been cases that the missing is a last number in passport number, or a last letter in the middle name, or a d in stead of b. Travelers might have checked but could not realize those mistakes. The travelers then will not able to get on the airplane at the transit before Vietnam.
In such cases please call our office and we can support you to process a visa on arrival within one hour, if that is the week day and day time in Vietnam. In case the night time, we can stay overnight at that stuck point and get entry into Vietnam at the following day, waiting for the process of Visa On Arrival.
It is rather simple and easy, isn’t it? Wish you a big success in getting Vietnam e-visa and have the best travel experience in Vietnam.