One of the most worry before travelling is what and how to pack. It is also more to think about it in a cycling trip where packing too much might cause problem as mush as packing too few things for the cycling need.
Choosing suitable clothing to bring over during your cycling trip is quite important. It might be a dilemma for you to balance between too much or too little packings, especially when there are different physical activities as well as several climatic conditions.
Due to your personal needs and hobbies, you can make your own choice of necessary equipment for the trip. However, you can also take a look at our suggested cycling Vietnam packing list as below:
Clothing for on bike
- Shoes for touring — good for riding and walking, i.e. with the sole with flex
- Gloves for cycling: the thinner gloves are even better than thick ones. The top-open gloves are great. You can imagine the hot weather and the open top can help the wind to get in. Gloves are also good to cover apart of your body under the sun.
- Shorts for cycling (less than 3 pairs)
- Socks — wool type or synthetic type (about 3 pairs)
- Tights or warmers for legs for riding (use rain pants as a substitution)
- Shirts with short sleeves shirts (2 pieces): remember to equip some separate long sleeves to well stand under the sun of Vietnam.
- Lightweight shirt with long sleeves for sun protection and layering
- Jacket, rain gear and pants
- Shoe covers with waterproof function
Clothing for off bike
- Appropriate shorts
- Pants with the comfort (rainy pants or legs with zip-off could be a substitution)
- Flip-flops, sandals, or shoes with lightweight
- Fleece or wool cap or hat
- Fleece jacket or wool sweater
- Fleece or wool gloves
- Swimsuit: this is obligatory as you really need this. You are doing the Vietnam cycling along the best beaches in the world with white sand, clean and warm water. And what will you handle then without swimsuit?
You might need these. You will stay at many homestay as cycling into trails of Vietnam. Those things are personal and could not be found at those homestays.
- Tooth paste and tooth brush:
- Sanitizer for hands
Other miscellaneous things
We think you are alert about these, but a list could be useful so you don’t have to use a pencil to note it down.
- ID, passport, and wallet
- Insurance card for health
- Card of Travel insurance
- Credit cards and/ or cash
- Camera with available spare battery
- Linens (for wet clothes, dirty laundry)
- Electronic chargers (used for cell phone, camera, and e-reader)
- Convertors or adaptors
Kit of first aid
- Anti-Insect cream
- Antibiotic ointment or antiseptic cream
- Total block and sunscreen
- ‘Second Skin’ and Band-aids for bubble skins
- Balm for scratches
- Medications, your name attached to original bottles
These are just what we think about your gears for cycling Vietnam packing. However, individuals have different needs and of course you will have your own things to more focus. We hope our listing just help you a bit in the excitement of preparing for the beautiful Vietnam cycling trip.